In 1993, the APWA Alberta Chater recognized a need to develop a program to recognize and accredit supervisors.
What is a Public Works Supervisor?
A Public Works Supervisor (PWS) is a professional who provides efficient and effective public works services by leading a specialized work force, which manages resources, programs, budgets, and contracts. Supervisors can be certified in a number of disciplines related to public works, which include:
- Fleet and equipment
- Parks and related facilities
- Building and facilities
What are the Benefits?
The Association hopes to:
- Establish work experience and technical skill standards for supervisory personnel working in Alberta
- Assist supervisors in defining career paths
- Offer clarity to practitioners as to work experience and academic training
- Award recognition to those who have demonstrated a high level of competence and ethical fitness as a supervisor
- Improve the performance of supervisors by encouraging participation in a continuing education program
- Assist municipal governments with succession planning by helping administration identify and enhance leadership skills of qualified employees
Click here to download the current Public Works Supervisor Program Information Package and Application
Public Works Supervisor Program Application & Information
Only digital copies will be accepted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review Committee with meet 4 times per year.
Deadlines are: February 28, May 31, August 31, November 31.